I_DATA TYPE REF TO DATA
CT_OBJVALUESNUM TYPE TT_BAPI1003_ALLOC_VALUES_NUM
CT_OBJVALUESCHAR TYPE TT_BAPI1003_ALLOC_VALUES_CHAR
CT_OBJVALUESCURR TYPE TT_BAPI1003_ALLOC_VALUES_CURR
NO_DATA_TO_PASSAdd a comment
- COC1_FEATURE_CHECK to get characteristic ID
- CTMS_DDB_INIT to initialize memory
- CTMS_CLASS_DDB to put in memory classification settings
- CTMS_DDB_SET_VAL_FROM_OBJECT to set values in update screen from existing object (option)
- CTMS_DDB_SET_VALUE_INTERNAL to set values in update screen in case of using reference data structure
- CTMS_DDB_SET_VALUE_ONLINE to call the update screen
- CTMS_DDB_HAS_VALUES_INTERNAL to check and get the values from the update screen after user action
- zcl_abapblog_com_classific=>create_structure_for_class to create reference data structure
- zcl_abapblog_com_classific=>move_screen_val_to_ref_data to move screen values to reference data
- zcl_abapblog_com_classific=>clear_initial_line_api_vari to delete initial line for multiple values characteristics
- zcl_abapblog_com_classific=>move_ref_data_to_screen_val to move reference data to update screen values table
IT_VALUES TYPE TT_API_VALI -> screen values table
I_ATNAM TYPE API_VALI-ATNAM -> Characteristic Name
C_DATA TYPE REF TO DATA
NO_DATA_TO_CHANGEAdd a comment
I_ATNAMTYPE API_VALI-ATNAM ->Characteristic Name
I_DATATYPE REF TO DATA-> our reference data
CT_VALUES TYPE TT_API_VALI-> Structure for characteristic screen
NO_DATA_TO_CHANGEAdd a comment
IT_API_CHAR TYPE TT_API_CHAR -> Table type for structure api_char_tabAdd a comment
Some time ago I presented how I get data from classifications to reference data variable ( or table). If you feel comfortable with my method then we can go further. I had a task to update some characteristic values from ALV grid, this would be not a problem at all if the characteristics would be defined from the begriming, but they weren't. In that case I couldn't just add needed fields to fieldcatalog and call FM to update characteristics when save button was pressed. I realized I need dynamic structure for ALV which will call standard screen for characteristic update. If this could be done then I could omit carrying about type of characteristics (date, number, char ) and if it is single o multiple type. So I started to dig in SAP, debug standard functions and I was finally able to prepare all needed functions.
- method to copy data from my reference data structure to screen values
Add a comment
- Call commit work whenever you want to reset the counter of running time for your transaction (especially if you haven't done any update into database tables)
- If commit work doesn't work or you don't want to use it at the moment then you could use FM TH_REDISPATCH with the check_runtime parameter equal to 0.
- You could also you FM SAPGUI_PROGRESS_INDICATOR for the same purpose but keep in mind that showing indicator too often can slower your program.
Although it's nice to know this possibility my advice is to not to use it very often as the less time you have for program run the more optimized code you can provide, so it's really something that you use if you do not have other choice and you agreed that with your system admins.