On one of my last tweets I have mentioned, that I'm working currently on some fast ALV Grid creation class. I know that we have SALV classes which does many of this what I'm trying to achieve here but, many doesn't mean everything. Especially that I really like CL_GUI_ALV_GRID class and this that without any tricks I can make it editable in easy way.
My class in not yet finished but it has already some basic functions available, that's why I'm presenting you just short demo and some screen-shots of the code. I will of course put a nugget here as fast as I'll finish more than alpha release.
Basically what I try to get from this class:
- Fast CL_GUI_ALV_GRID creation
- Replacement of REUSE_ALV_GRID_DISPLAY and REUSE_ALV_GRID_DISPLAY_LVC for a simple editable reports to omit screen creation
- All events should be already handled and with redefinition of method I can faster use it
- Faster setting of layout and field catalog attributes
- Easy switch and copy between popup, full screen and container version
- Easy toolbar handling (in grid and in full screen/popup using Dynamic GUI STATUS & TITLE with ABAP code )
- One place to handle user commands of full screen/popup call -> event user_command
At the end of the work I'll be able to say: "I've made really good, unnecessary work! " :-)