Finally I've finished to work under FALV. You can find FALV classes in attachment and description under the links. But firstly let's go through few following points:
- Why I've created FALV although SALV classes are provided by SAP?
I know SALV classes although I haven't used them often. The main reason was that they don't provide edit mode. So at the end I've always worked with cl_gui_alv_grid class so then whenever users decided that they need one of the field to be editable then I can do it in few seconds/minutes.
- But there is a way to make SALV editable!
Yes, I know the solutions of Naimesh Patel (found here) and Paul Hardy (in his ABAP to the Future book) and some other folks to make SALV editable. But In my own opinion, especially when you're at least on 7.40 with SP5 making SALV editable is not needed as you can fast create ALV Grid which does everything you want. To be clear the big advantage of SALV, to call grid output of table in two, three lines when you goes to the code you'll see it's nothing more than call of REUSE_ALV_GRID_DISPLAY... really old FM, which at the end use CL_GUI_ALV_GRID.
- Direct reasons
As I used CL_GUI_ALV_GRID so often then I came up with an idea to do some class which will make the creation faster, but I never had time to do it at work. You may know it, because of the time pressure you choose to create report/program/solution in the way you're doing from years ... and then comes another task....and another....
So I've decided to do it at home.... yeah I'm crazy. But at least some of you can also use it.
I've worked on this on 7.40 SP8 but this should work also on SP5 as well. Sorry for the users bellow that versions but I'm so used to use new syntax that I couldn't force myself to use old way of coding.
UPDATE: Thanks to Santi Moreno we have now 7.31 version, you can find it here as an attachment ZFALV_V1.1.0.zip. Also GitHub repository is now available here https://github.com/fidley/falv so if you'd like to join us, you're more than welcomed.
The outcome of this work is following:
- Package ZFALV
- Function Group
- ZFALV - screens, GUI STATUSES, TITLE, FMs for ZCL_FALV, local classes
- Demo Programs
- ZDEMO_FALV01 - FALV: Demo Simple Full Screen Call
- ZDEMO_FALV02 - FALV: Demo with Redefinitions
- ZDEMO_FALV03 - FALV: Demo Full Screen GUI Status Dynamic Partly
- ZDEMO_FALV04 - FALV: Demo Full Screen GUI Status Dynamic Fully
- ZDEMO_FALV05 - FALV: Demo Full Screen ALV Toolbar
- ZDEMO_FALV06 - FALV: Demo Full Screen Layout
- ZDEMO_FALV07 - FALV: Demo Full Screen Columns
- ZDEMO_FALV08 - FALV: Demo Mass Replace Function
- ZDEMO_FALV09 - FALV: Demo Cell Settings
- ZDEMO_FALV10 - FALV: Demo Colors
- ZDEMO_FALV11 - FALV: Demo Editable
- ZDEMO_FALV12 - FALV: Demo Error Log
- ZDEMO_FALV13 - FALV: Mix Demo + own screen and container usage
- ZDEMO_FALV14 - FALV: Popup calls
I really encourage you to try it and give me your feedback about FALV.